Download latest cbse class 10 Physical Education syllabus for the session 2017-18. This year CBSE has changed the exam pattern. This year, there is no CCE pattern or division of syllabus for SA1 or SA2 as it used to be earlier. This year complete syllabus will be there in your final/annual exam. Each year cbse keep on issuing revised syllabus. Although the topics and textbooks remain same, the contents within vary year by year. Along with Physical Education syllabus for class 10 cbse has also issued the chapter-wise breakup of questions along with weightage of each chapter. The package also enlists the learning objectives. That’s why it is strongly recommended to download new class 10 Physical Education syllabus 2017-18 this year and be on safe side.
Here we have presented the CBSE syllabus for Physical Education class 10 in the same format as released by CBSE, without any changes or editing from our side. Students are advised to download the class 10 cbse Physical Education syllabus for the session 2017-2018 even if they have the previous year syllabus because there is a lot of changes in the syllabus, question pattern and weightage of each chapter.
Click on the button below to download the syllabus in pdf format. Scroll down to view the detailed syllabus.
Click for Class X Sample Papers by CBSE 2018
More on Class 10 Syllabus
- Social Science Syllabus
- Social Science Map Work Syllabus
- Science Practical Syllabus
- Science Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Other Subject Syllabus
Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Session 2017-18
Health Education Class – X
• Health hazards of modernization-pollution, effect of population explosion on
health hazards, family and community life.
• Communicable and non-communicable diseases, role of host agent and environment
in the spread and control of communicable diseases, body defenses, immunitynatural
and acquired, importance of regular medical check-up in preventing the
diseases, immunization schedule and importance of booster doses. Morbidity and
mortality, in India.
• National Health Programmes, Importance of pupil and people’s participation in the
implementation of these programmes, Primary health care, meaning and scope.
Health care set-up in rural and urban areas.
• Importance of international health, international health measures to check spread
of communicable diseases from one country to another, quarantine measures,
World Health Organization-its functions and activities, UNICEF functions and
activities, significance of World Health Day.
• Approved systems of medicine being practiced in India, specialization available,
prescription and non-prescription drugs, habit-forming drugs, dangers of selfmedication
and going to a quack-harmful effects of alcohol and tobacco. Health
set-up at the village, town, district, state and country levels, voluntary agencies
working in the field of health and health education.
• Awareness of HIV and AIDS. Students may also be acquainted with evils associated
with promiscuity and child and drug abuse. Adolescence education and sexeducation
may also be provided in a suitable manner.
Physical Education Syllabus Class – X
Unit – I
• Tests for Measuring different Fitness Components
• Strength: Pull Ups, Push Ups, Rope Climbing
• Speed: 30 Mtrs, 40 Mtrs
• Flexibility: Sit and Reach, Tests to measure Spine Flexibility
• Endurance: 9 Min, 12 Min Run and Walk
• Agility: Shuttle Run (10 × 4)
Unit – II
• Meaning and Concept
• Characteristics of Play
• Benefits of Play
• Regional play Activities
Unit – III
• Physical Activity and Gender
• Anatomical differences between genders
• Physical activity and women
• Weight training for women341
Unit – IV
• Stress and Coping
• Meaning and Causes
• Relaxation Training
• Coping Strategies
Unit – V
• Physical Activity and Quality of Life
• Meaning and Concept
• Benefits of Physical activities to promote quality of life
• Development of ethical values through physical activities
Unit – VI
• Physiological basis of physical Education
• Meaning and concept of physiology
• Measurement of blood pressure, pulse rate and respiratory rate
• Warming up and Cool down
Unit – VII
• Psychological basis of Physical education
• Meaning and importance
• Habit: formation of good habits, breaking bad habits
• Emotions: meaning, types, training for controlling emotions
Unit – VIII
• Career avenues in the field of Physical Education
• Career avenues in educational institutions, media, fitness, industries (sports),
Educational qualifications in physical education
• Leading institutions of physical education
Unit – IX
• Safety and Injuries
• Self safety
• Safety of equipment
• Prevention of sports injuries
• Athletics: 50 mtrs dash, throws342
• Fitness test: Fitness test of class X should be conducted on the basis of the AAPHER
test and records
• should be maintained.
• Any two games: Students are required to play two games out of the listed sports:
• Table Tennis
• Lawn Tennis
• Students are required to prepare a project on the regional play activities from
their home town.
Assessment & Observation
During the school sessions, many observations would arise because of individual
behavior, related conditions, change in social/cultural factors hence the teacher need
to take corrective actions and record the behavior. Some key assessment points and
their observations are mentioned here.
• Initiate to participate, if yes, observe for: Leadership quality/Active/Energetic/
• Team game, if yes, observe for: Sportsman spirit/Good group behavior/Group
sharing/Interaction & Coordination
• Organized game participation, if yes, observe for: Discipline/Emotionally balanced/
• Rules & regulations follower, if yes, observe for: Listening & speaking skills/
knowledge about the rules
* Equipment management, if yes, observes for: Self control/Self disciplined/Organized