Download latest cbse Class 12 Business Studies syllabus for the session 2017-18. Class 12 Business Studies CBSE Board exam will be of 80 marks. 20 marks will be of practicals.
Although the topics and textbooks remain same, the syllabus to be covered for board exam vary year by year. Along with Business Studies syllabus for class 12 cbse has also issued the chapter-wise breakup of questions along with weightage of each chapter. That’s why it is recommended to download latest Class 12 Business Studies syllabus 2018 this year and be on safe side. We’ve got several queries from students throughout the country regarding their poor performance in the board exams. One noteworthy point was that most of them didn’t bother about the Business Studies syllabus issued by CBSE, they just practised the sample papers or directly appeared in board exams. It’s very important to avoid such situation and practise at least sample papers issued by cbse and previous year questions.
Here we have presented the CBSE syllabus of Business Studies class 12 in the same format as released by CBSE, without any changes or editing from our side. Students are advised to download the class 12 cbse Business Studies syllabus for the March 2018 exam even if you have the previous year syllabus because there might be changes in the syllabus, question pattern and weightage of each chapter.
Click on the button below to download the syllabus in pdf format or Scroll down to view.
Business Studies Class 12 Syllabus 2018
More on Class 12 Syllabus
- Business Studies Project Work Syllabus
- Economics Syllabus
- Economics Project Work Syllabus
- Legal Studies Syllabus
- History Syllabus
- Other Subjects Syllabus
Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus Session 2017-18
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management – concept, objectives and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession
- Levels of management
- Management functions – planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination – concept, characteristics and importance
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management – concept, nature and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific Management – principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
- Business Environment – concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment – Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalisation in India.
Unit 4: Planning
- Concept, importance and limitations
- Planning process
- Single use and Standing Plans – Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising
- Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process.
- Structure of organization – functional and divisional.
- Formal and informal organization.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
- Staffing process: Recruitment – sources; Selection – process
- Training and Development – Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing: – Supervision – concept, functions of a supervisor.; – Motivation – Concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives.; – Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.; – Communication – concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective; communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling
- Concept, nature and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in the process of control
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept and objectives of financial management.
- Financial decisions : investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
- Financial planning – concept and importance.
- Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting.
- Fixed and Working Capital – concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: concept and types.
- Money market and its instruments.
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
- Stock Exchange – functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D’mat Account.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management
- Marketing – concept and functions.
- Marketing management philosophies.
- Marketing Mix – concept
- Product – concept, branding, labeling and packaging. Price – factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling – concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion – concept and techniques, public relations – concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
- Consumer awareness – Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Unit 13: Project Work